Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ramblings

Sunday, April 25, 2010
A week ago today, our phone communication stopped. This is definitely something that we are gonna have to adjust to again. i don't know why i ever said deployment was easy. I think that it was good that we got sea duty right off the bat. We were used to being apart, college, boot, training... it just seemed like the norm. But after 2 years of that not being our norm... Wow. Who woulda thought i actually LOVE my hubby being home! So, we count down days until this little work up is over, and talk about staying in or getting out- staying in is of course the consensus for no, but ONLY on shore duty orders- and talk about how we can't wait to see each other again. These are the things that make J and I have a relationship that can not be broken. For any reason. we are both fully committed to it, but these little things that the navy throws at us makes us the strong enduring couple that we are. I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Enough of the sappy crap.

I am officially in my third trimester of my last pregnancy. Asher's movement seems to have slowed a bit. He's still active, but he isn't doing summersaults like he used to. Doc seems to think that he's already dropped. Thats a sign of a very cooperative baby :) We have 10 weeks until we strip my membranes and try to meet him. The doc and my mama aren't so sure he's gonna wait that long. He better at least wait 8 weeks, I need his lungs to be nice and strong. And i need 2 more months to get things ready for him! I still don't have a carseat for him!!! I think i'll get that next weekend tho... Maybe. Im really liking having my car parked in the garage and then not going anywhere for days on end. We go for walk, and to the park, but no where that requires driving. Its wonderful :) and the money saved on gas... lets say that J filled it up when he left and im down, not even a quarter of a tank.... he's been gone over a week.... And the plan is to not go anywhere for a while... I have food and milk... what else do i need?

The smell of baked french toast is filling my house, and I am half starved. I can't wait for it to finish so i can see if this is as good as i was told it is. until then, i have laundry to fold and take care of, and a dishwasher to empty.... oh what fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Combat Boots, Flip Flops & Tonka Trucks. Design by Pocket