Friday, November 12, 2010

Long time, no blog

Friday, November 12, 2010
Well. A lot has happened since i last blogged.

I have 3 kids now.

A three year old.

A deployed husband.

And a little sewing business.

Where shall i start....

The obvious i suppose. Asher James joined us just hours before my mama and baby sister arrived in California to witness his birth.... Apparently he decided that he had been incubated long enough and he wasn't gonna wait for Gramma. This, for me, was heart breaking. All i wanted was for my mom to be able to be here, to hold my hand, and tell me i was doing great, and see her baby, have a baby. I still am emotional about it. It sucks. Bitty (as we call him) is our last. We are DONE. don't try to convince me other wise, because i am done. Mom was here shortly after i had all three of them, but never was she able to be there for the actual delivery. Why oh why must these babies come on THEIR schedule, which is so unknown, rather than mine? Nonetheless. He is AMAZING. such a good baby. He's a total mama's boys. And a perfect physical mix of both my boys. He definitely looks like he belongs. Our labor and delivery experience was different this time, as we had a midwife. She was awesome. In fact... If i ever do make it back to school... she has inspired me to go all the way and be a midwife. I almost want to have another baby, just do i can do that again! The boys have adjusted well to him, and just LOVE their baby. We are blessed.

I have a three year old now.... nuff said.

J deployed in mid August. That was hard. J's never really been the emotional kind, and this time it was harder to say goodbye than either of the other times. We have grown leaps and bounds in the last two years. I love that man more than i can even fathom. Our marriage is seriously not even believable, its so great. SO, having worked as hard as we have to get to where we are.... we are both a little concerned about what the deployment will do.... worried that it distance us.... Now, that being said... Im sure that when he gets home in the spring... or summer.... or whenever the navy decides to return him to us, that we will pick up right where we left off. Im a firm believer that if we are afraid of something that we have control of, that we will make sure that fear never comes true. For example. Having Bitty made Middle... well, a middle. I am TERRIFIED that he will have middle child syndrome, feel neglected and rebel. Now, if you've ever met Middle, you know i have reason to be concerned about the rebelling part. He is EXTREMELY strong willed. Im beginning to figure him out, but man oh man is it frustrating! He responds to his DADDY, and his daddy isn't home! He's not doing well with this deployment.... He cries to me... and when he wakes up at night, he just wants daddy.... This too shall pass.
Some good has come from this deployment so far... I made some friends. Their hubby's have been deployed too... up until now that is....They have now either returned, or have a date and time that they'll be home. I am beyond thrilled for these girls. Its been a LONG 8 months. But at the same time, Im bummed. Bummed that not only does it remind me that I still have more than half our deployment to go, but also bummed that they will probably all be doing "couple" and "family" things, which will of course, leave me out of the loop! I will not whine, tho, I will take our park days and be thankful they are here.  And im sure i won't have too much trouble convincing them that i need some company when i need to do some retail therapy.

Through my attempts to mask the tears that come when i am bored... I started to sew. And who would thought... I am GOOD at it! I have made countless nursing covers, outfits, boppy covers, blankets, some hemming, and am currently working on a stroller cover... though that will be put on hold while i get all the holiday decorations made up. I am really loving it, and it certainly does keep me busy during the weepy times.  Its called Sew Bitty Designs... I do have a website, and a FB page, but im not good about updating either.... tho i do think im slightly better at keeping up with those than i am with this....

I am going to attempt to keep up with this better. I don't have much adult interaction, so getting my thoughts out, strangely makes me feel like im slightly more adjusted.... I have a 4 month old that thinks he needs some mama love, and I am not gonna argue! Pictures of the newest Monty coming soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Combat Boots, Flip Flops & Tonka Trucks. Design by Pocket