Tuesday, March 2, 2010

ramblings

Tuesday, March 2, 2010
There has been a lot of chaos here as of late. The in laws were here for 9 days, we cancelled our order for the boys furniture, so then we needed to find some things locally so I could actually put their room together. After much research, I did it. I found what i wanted. beds for the boys from a small local Christian owned and operated business. And, he gave us a SCREAMIN deal. He even offered to put them on his truck and deliver them himself- he was the owner. It was wonderful. Then i had to find a dresser. And that is just what i did. Found the PERFECT dresser that wouldn't fit in our car. So my husband did what any clear thinking man would do. He appeased his wife. He drove around for 2 hours finding a place that had a mini van for us to rent. Is he not the greatest? Oh, it gets better. He then proceeded to drive to the mattress store, and fit BOTH the mattresses in the newly rented mini van so that we could have them home that day! Then ya know what we did? we drove an hour out of our way to find this dresser that my heart was set on. We did manage to find some other things while we were at the out of the way store, and it was a very good trip. He then decided that since we had the mini van we needed to take advantage of it, so despite the fact that he was half starved, we went to babies r us and bought the baby a crib. then to home depot to buy pulls for the boys dresser. THEN we stopped for some 5 dollar pizza at little caesars. We got home, ate, and unloaded the van. After all of that, my amazing hubby put together the boys bunk beds. See, i told you, he is INCREDIBLE. The next day we went and got groceries, and ran a couple other places since i needed to get a couple things to complete these projects.... OH, i forgot to say before, he also went out of his way to go to JoAnne's in a different city so that I could get the letters that I wanted to do the boys names.....

SO, the boys room is now put together, but still needs some finishing touches. We are all exhausted. J has class tonight and tomorrow night, only 4 more classes and then he is DONE for about a week. I think he's going to do a cleanse that week, after eating as crappy as we have for the last month.

Oh, he put together the babies crib this weekend too :) it looks great and we just LOVE it. I can't wait to get the dresser and my rocker. those are my other big ticket items. The IL's bought us the crib, so that was a blessing we didn't expect.

Speaking of babies.... I think we have this one named. Evan. j picked it. I like it, it goes well with the boys names. Were having a bit of a hard time agreeing on a middle name, but if i get what i want, his name will be Evan Reece Montgomery, in honor of my middle brother. :)

I hear the soon to be middle child starting to wake up.... i better go....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Combat Boots, Flip Flops & Tonka Trucks. Design by Pocket