Monday, February 3, 2014

Reflections from Sunday

Monday, February 3, 2014
Sundays game was not pretty. In fact is was down right embarrassing. I was angry. Not because we lost, to be honest, I expected to lose, I was angry because we didn't even fight. And now I'm angry because of all the unfair media attention that has become due to the ugly results of yesterdays game. But I do think we can learn a few things from this.

First,  I have seen Bronco players posting things like  "sorry we let you down". Ummmm. No. You didn't let us down. Was the game brutally painful to watch? Yes. But was every other game of the season brutally painful to watch? HECK NO TECHNO! Our season as a whole was not at all a let down. It was record breaking. It was great. It was in fact, the best season that the AFC saw. Clearly, since we won the AFC championship. Our year was amazing and we need to reflect on THOSE games.

Im tired of the Tebow talk. Seriously. We wouldn't have gotten to the super bowl if we had Tebow. Tebow isn't quick. He isn't even comparably as efficient as Manning is with the ball. I heard someone today refer to Tebow as a full back who could throw. But he can't even throw at NFL lengths so really the Tebow talk is worn out. Sorry to the Broncos fans that love Tebow. Hes a great guy. But hes NOT a great quarterback. Would we have been better off with him, absolutely not. That  may be the dumbest thing I've heard in all of the post game talk.

Things that were not accounted for this game. Two major ones, at least I feel. The noise. Seahawks have the loudest proudest fans in the NFL. And while everyone expects them to be loud at home, I didn't think anyone expected them to be THIS loud clear across the country. But why can't they have the loudest fans in the NFC, and open the door for someone else to have the loudest fans in the AFC? At least then we'd have some awesome noise happening ALL game long. This has got to go down as the loudest super bowl in NFL history. Seahawks fans are no joke. For real. they're awesome. Lets make orange crush just as loud. I mean, how good are the fans when our players feel they need to apologize to us for letting us down. I promise that had the roles been reversed, the seahawks fans would have been just as loud and just at proud. okay, maybe not "won the first championship since the sonics" proud, but you get my drift.

The second thing we didn't think about. IMO. Is that Seattle has been GROSSLY underestimated all year. They're young, and pretty inexperienced. But Seattle has possibly the most raw talent of any team in the league. Love him or hate him, Sherman is undeniably the best corner in the NFL. Personally, I love the guy. He has passion. Sometimes his passion gets the most of him and he says things without thinking, sure. But I think he's allowed to trash talk when his game MORE than backs it up. The guy is the picture of success. Hes a good guy and I really do love him. Classless interviews and all. Wilson. Wilson has a LONG way to go to be a top 5 quarter back but he's gonna be there someday. He plays smart. He doesn't let the pressure get to him. And he's humble. The amount of talent that is behind him is incredible. And with a coach like Carroll.... its gonna come out. And I gotta say, I think his buddy Kaep has taught him a few things.... runnin that ball all over the place last night. If he could learn to tuck it like Kaep does, hed be just as dangerous as his rival. Add in Harvin, and Lynch.... the unstoppable defensive line.... The team is awesome. Stacked. Well coached. Confident. And collected. I don't think that ANYONE saw last nights game coming.

To those saying the best two teams in the NFL played 2 weeks ago..... They're right. The 49ers-Seahawks game was, in my opinion, the game of the year. And if the super bowl was about the best two teams in the NFL, then that would have been it, and guess what, Seattle still would have won had that been the super bowl match up. I think that its fair to say that the top teams on the NFC side and the AFC side did play 2 weeks ago. The NFC had the better teams this year. But, the Super Bowl is about one AFC and one NFC. I think that those two teams were the best in their conference. Absolutely.

Manning.... Manning will forever be my favorite QB. Im loyal to him. I will wear my "this girl loves manning hoodie" with pride. I don't think that last nights game was a reflection of manning. Yes, he threw interceptions. No he wasn't his best. But still, while being clobbered, he set another record. He still out threw Wilson. It didn't get us anywhere, because its true... defense wins Super Bowls. All this talk about his legacy being ruined because of that game. Bogus. Manning is EASILY a top 5 QB of all time. Arguably top 3. Hes not chasing a ring like Favre was. He just really loves to play the game, and looking at his stats this year, hes not ready to be done yet. Everyone can put the retirement talk away. As long as he's HEALTHY enough to play, I don't see a retirement in the near future.

Overall, the game sucked. It wasn't fun to watch. But the right team won the Super Bowl this year, and I really am happy for the Seattle Seahawks. I don't think any team was more deserving. That being said.... I bleed orange and blue. My loyalty will be with Denver until... well I don't know until when. Honestly, I love Manning, so my loyalties may shift when he does retire. Seattle is definitely my favorite NFC team, and arguably my second favorite team all around. But... I believe Denver CAN be as great in post season as they were the rest of the season. Its time to rebuild our defense. Its time to step up our offensive line. And I think maybe we rethink our over preparation for the super bowl next year. Its just another game. Its not something that should add so much pressure that we break and get a safety in the first 12 seconds. That's not how we play. We play smart. We play flexible. We play in the moment. I love my broncos and I am SO proud that they made it to the super bowl. Lets go again next year. With louder fans. With WHITE jerseys. With stronger connections. With less stress. Lets win it. 2015. Lets get 'er done, OrangeCrush style.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well said!!! I love the Broncos no matter what! Seattle played an amazing game and deserved that win. I, however, do not like Seattle at all. Lol (this dates back to our WA days and the only Bronco game that we have been to. Seattle crushed us :(

Post a Comment

 
Combat Boots, Flip Flops & Tonka Trucks. Design by Pocket